New Jersey’s medical hashish program regulators gained’t make the Nov. 1 deadline to announce the winners of six further dispensary licenses.
Demand for medical marijuana within the Garden State spurred New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy in July to name for doubling the quantity of dispensaries, from six to 12.
But the state has been flooded with virtually 150 applications and reported it wants extra time for choice.
Here’s what you’ll want to know:
- Had the regulators made the Nov. 1 deadline, MMJ retailers wouldn’t have been capable of supply merchandise till spring 2019, and now it can possible be later.
- New Jersey’s MMJ market continues to develop as docs are capable of advocate medical hashish for an increasing listing of circumstances. Proposed laws would make it simpler for state regulators so as to add to that listing.
- Around 33,000 sufferers are enrolled within the state’s swelling medical marijuana program – about double from January.
- The state is permitting dispensary house owners to open satellite tv for pc places to maintain up with the rising demand.
- The six further dispensaries will comply with the identical enterprise buildings as the prevailing half dozen – vertically built-in and unfold all through the state.
- Regulations are pending that may permit the state to concern separate cultivation, processing and retail licenses.