Are you a younger American? If so, and all apologies to David Bowie, do you keep in mind President Nixon? Perhaps not, however it’s extra possible that you simply use marijuana, in accordance with a brand new survey.
A Gallup ballot revealed Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2018, discovered that one in 4 Americans between the age of 18 and 29 say they “occasionally” or “regularly” smoke or use marijuana.
Gallup carried out phone interviews with a random pattern of 1,033 American adults ages 18 and older between July 1-11, 2018. The survey discovered:
- 24 % of American adults between ages 18-29 report that they repeatedly or sometimes use marijuana, the very best amongst respondents,
- 13 % between ages 30-49 reported utilizing marijuana,
- 11 % between ages 50-64 reported utilizing marijuana,
- Only six % of adults ages 65 and older reported utilizing marijuana, the bottom amongst respondents, and
- More males than ladies amongst all ages use marijuana: males, 15 % mixed, ladies, 11 % mixed.
According to the Gallup report, these outcomes are “on par with an average of 22 percent of 18-to-29-year olds across three surveys from 2015 to 2017 who answered ‘yes’ when asked whether they do or do not ‘smoke marijuana.’”
The survey discovered that hashish use was highest in the western U.S. (20 %); California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada all have leisure marijuana legal guidelines.
The survey additionally requested respondents whether or not they “regularly,” “occasionally,” or “never” smoke or use cigars, chewing tobacco and “a pipe.” Only 13 % of all respondents stated they used marijuana, and throughout all age brackets, marijuana was used greater than cigars, pipes and chewing tobacco.
But kids, a phrase of recommendation: Remember the payments you must pay.
Photography by Shannon Dorn, Downtown Arts District, Las Vegas, Nevada. Instagram: @dope_foto Facebook: dopefoto420 Twitter: @dopefoto