Baltimore’s first two medical marijuana dispensaries have opened their doorways.
Maggie’s in Hampden turned the primary dispensary to start gross sales in Maryland’s largest metropolis when it opened Jan. 31, and Pure Life Wellness in Federal Hill opened Wednesday, The Baltimore Sun reported.
The two dispensaries are amongst 11 anticipated to open in Baltimore, in response to the newspaper.
Here’s what it is advisable to know:
- Maryland’s first dispensaries opened in December 2017.
- The 2017 opening hoopla was short-lived, nevertheless, because the dispensaries shortly ran out of product.
- At the top of final yr, 14 cultivators had been permitted to develop medical hashish and the growers have been in totally different levels of manufacturing.
- Maryland has licensed 102 MMJ outlets, however solely 30 have been accepted to open.
- The Sun cited a 2017 Goucher Poll that decided that 58% of Marylanders help legalizing leisure marijuana.